New for 2024 - TERMIS has modified the definition of the young investigator membership. Please see below. If you are now considered to be a young investigator, please reach out to the Executive Administrator at email@example.com for your profile to be updated accordingly.
How to Become a member of TERMIS
Membership to TERMIS is open to individuals who are interested in the field of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine and support the mission of the Society.
All TERMIS members are members of the Global Society.
TERMIS Membership Dues Structure
Annual Membership Dues
- Membership dues to TERMIS are for the fiscal year (January - December of the current year). Dues have been structured to encourage participation by students, in particular, as follows:
- Regular Membership (annual dues: $100.00) - Any individual who does not qualify as a Student Member.
- Regular Membership - Group A (annual dues: $50.00 USD) - Any individual who does not qualify as a Student Member. Group A Countries defined below.
- Student Membership (annual dues: $25.00)
- Student Membership - Group A (annual dues: $15.00 USD) - Group A Countries defined below.
- Student: A student is any individual who is engaged as a graduate or undergraduate in a university or college program or as an MD resident and is actively interested in research in the field of TERM. Students are required to provide their university ID for verification of their undergraduate/graduate status.
- Young Investigator: Young Investigator: Young Investigators are defined as persons who are employed in the field of TERM, who are within 5 years of their terminal degree (BS, MS, PhD, MD etc.). Young Investigators should not hold an appointment as faculty, academic staff or group leader in a university/research institute or in industry. Young investigators are required to have their advisor/supervisor send a letter as proof of the bona fide status of the young investigator.
If you've been away from research (e.g. for a career break, maternity leave, or long-term sick leave), TERMIS will take this into consideration with your application. If you've taken formal maternity, paternity, or adoption leave as the primary career, or long-term sick leave, TERMIS will provide an extra six months for each period of leave when we consider your postdoctoral experience.
TERMIS Developing/Emerging Countries
Groups A and B
TERMIS has announced changes to the category of the developing/emerging countries. Three categories have been identified within the TERMIS membership based on geographical location.
Membership is for those who are located in an established country, within the remit of a continental chapter that has a developed scientific infrastructure. There is no change to the membership conditions within these countries which are, for the record: (In Europe) Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, (In the Americas) Argentina, Canada, Puerto Rico, USA, (In Asia-Pacific) Australia, Bahrain, China, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, New Zealand, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and United Arab Emirates.
Waivers/Exemptions and emerging countries
Group A The members within Group A are considered to be included within the emerging countries and will pay a reduced membership fee of $50 USD for full members and $15 USD for students/young investigators members. The countries included in this group are: (In Europe) Bulgaria, (In the Americas) Brazil and Mexico, and (In Asia-Pacific) India, Malaysia and Thailand.
Group B The members within Group B are located within a country that has limited scientific infrastructure, or within a country that lies outside of the existing responsibility of continental chapters (i.e. most of Africa), such that individuals have limited prospects of belonging to a TERM society.
These individuals, on application, will become members of TERMIS Global, without payment of a membership fee. The countries included in Group B are: (In Europe) Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan Andorra, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Ukraine (In the Americas) all Central America and Caribbean Countries. Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela (In Asia-Pacific) all Oceania Countries (except Australia and New Zealand), Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea (North), Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, The Philippines, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen (In Africa) all African countries.